The command line application EEPDF PCL to PDF Converter Command Line enables you to convert PXL/ and merge PDF.
PXL and PCL (Printer Control Language) are two of print files format often used in printing jobs, but they cannot be directly opened by many common applications on portable devices. To solve this problem, you can convert your PXL and PCL print files to PDF (Portable Document Format) documents which are universally accessible.
EEPDFConverter Command Line is a professional application for converting PXL/PCL print files to PDF. What’s more, it supports to merge several PDF files into one PDF file.
With some simple steps, you can convert your PXL/PCL files to PDF documents and merge the output PDF documents together.
Step 1. Download and install
First of all, please download the installer of this application by clicking the button shown below.
Then, please double click the installer and follow the setup wizard to install it on your computer. After the installation, you can see an executable file named pcltool.exe which is the called program in the installed folder.
Step 2. Input commands to convert PXL/PCL files to PDFs
Please open the MS-DOS command prompt window in which you can input commands at first. Then, please input your commands referring to the following command line template:
pcltool [options] <pcl-file> [<pdf-file>]
- pcltool: call the program
- [options]: set parameters
- <pcl-file>: specify the input PXL/PCL file
- [<pdf-file >]: specify the output PDF file
pcltool.exe C:\in.pcl C:\out.pdf
This example is to convert a PCL file to a PDF document.
Step 3. Input commands to merge PDF files
To merge PDF files, please refer to the following command line：
pcltool -mergepdf <string> [<pdf-file>]
Where “-mergepdf <string>”can be:
- -mergepdf “file1|file2|file3|…”: Merge several PDF files into one
- -mergepdf “C:\filelist.txt”: Merge PDF files from a .txt file
- -mergepdf “C:\test.pdf*100-200*250-300”: Extract page ranges from PDF file
- -mergepdf “C:\*.pdf”: Merge PDF files into one PDF file
- pcltool.exe -mergepdf “C:\1.pdf|C:\2.pdf|C:\3.pdf” C:\out.pdf
- pcltool.exe -mergepdf “C:\filelist.txt” C:\out.pdf
The first example is to merge the three PDF files into one PDF.
The second example is to merge PDF files from a TXT file.
At last, please press the Enter button on the keyboard to run the commands.
A few minutes later, you can get the converted PDF document in the location you specify.
This is the end of this article and you can get full version of EEPDF PCL to PDF Converter Command Line here.