This article is mainly about how to convert PDF to FAX TIFF and compress TIFF with the application EEPDF PDF to Image Converter Command Line.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a popular file format that can transfer data electronically while preserving the original texts, images, format, layout, etc. Sometimes, you may need to convert PDF to FAX compatible TIFF (Tagged Image File Format) file that is popular among scanning, faxing, etc.
EEPDF PDF to Image Converter Command Line is a powerful command line application which can convert PDF to image (JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG, GIF, TGA, PCX, PNM, RAS, PBM, etc.). In addition, it supports to compress TIFF during the conversion from.
Just by following the steps shown below, you can successfully convert PDF to compressed TIFF.
Step 1. Download and unzip
Please download the package of EEPDF PDF to Image Converter Command Line. Then, please unzip the package to a folder in your computer disk. In the unzipped folder, you can find an executable file named pdf2img.exe which is the called program of this application.
Step 2. Input commands
In order to input commands, please open the MS-DOS command prompt window. After opening MS-DOS command prompt window, you can input commands referring to the following command line template.
pdf2img [options] <PDF-file> <img-file>
- pdf2img.exe:call the program.
- [options]: set parameters.
- <PDF-file>: specify the input PDF file.
- <img-file >: specify the output image file.
To convert PDF to FAX compatible TIFF file, please use the option: -compress <int> and it can be one of the following options:
- -compress 1 : NONE compression
- -compress 2 : CCITT modified Huffman RLE
- -compress 3 : CCITT Group 3 fax encoding (1d)
- -compress 4 : CCITT Group 4 fax encoding
- -compress 5 : LZW compression
- -compress 6 : OJPEG compression
- -compress 7 : JPEG DCT compression
- -compress 32773 : PACKBITS compression
- -compress 32809 : THUNDERSCAN compression
- -compress 88880 : 204×98 G4 ClassF TIFF
- -compress 88881 : 204×196 G4 ClassF TIFF
- -compress 88882 : 204×98 G3 ClassF TIFF
- -compress 88883 : 204×196 G3 ClassF TIFF
- -compress 88884 : CCITT Group 3 fax encoding (2d)
pdf2img.exe -compress 5 C:\in.pdf C:\out.tif
This example is to convertand compress the TIFF file with LZW compression mode.
At last, please press the Enter button on the keyboard to run your commands.
Please see the conversion effect from the following snapshots.
This is the end of this article and you can get full version of EEPDF PDF to Image Converter Command Line here.